This is sponsored content from BlogHer and GE.
I gasped….audibly gasped, when I opened my last electric bill. Granted, it’s winter here in Washington State but the amount of my bill could have covered a really nice car payment, the payment for my kids braces or my grocery bill for an entire month. And then I realized I’ve got computers, electric heat, radios, T.V’s, washers and dryers and all kinds of gadgets running all day long. Ack! It is time to be proactive and knock that bill down because at this rate I’ll be searching for change in the couch cushions to pay my crazy electric bill.
I can guess that I’m not the only one having this problem. We are a society of convenience which means less of my own energy and more energy from another source. But not only does that hurt me in the pocketbook but what does that do to our resources? The people at GE know exactly who to go to for some answers. GE is currently hosting the Ecomagination Challenge: Powering Your Home an open call for fresh thinking on eco-home technology and innovations that can effectively harness renewable energy for the home. GE is looking for innovative ideas about capturing, managing, and using energy in the home. Go check out their Ecomagination Challenge for a chance to enter your idea.
Here’s how you can enter to win:
First: post comments, feedback, share tips, etc. in the comment section for a chance to win a $50 GE energy smart light bulbs that lives 20 years and saves you $85 in energy costs. Contest ends on 3/15/2011You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet about this promotion and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- No Twitter or blog? Read the official rules to learn about alternate forms of entry.
- No duplicate comments.
- This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older
- Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. Make sure to leave your email address!
- You have 72 hours to get back to me; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
- Official Rules are available HERE.
So let’s hear it. Here’s your chance to share your ideas!
Visit the Exclusive Offers section